QuickBooks company file has all the financial data of a business and gives the user an easy option to access all the business information in one place.QuickBooks Error 6129 can appear anytime while working on the company data and further blocks you from accessing the company file in single-user and multi-user modes.QuickBooks error 6129, 0 is a 6000 series error disturbing and hampering a user’s routine. Whenever you see QuickBooks error code 6129, 0, the error message that pops up on the screen mentions that QuickBooks cannot verify the connection with the database. Various reasons evoke this error, and you can find several troubleshooting solutions further in this article.
Struggling with the steps? We are just a phone call away; dial us immediately at +18557380359
Easy Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Company File Error 6129
Below, we have mentioned some of the easiest methods to resolve this issue.
Solution 1: Reboot Windows in Safe Mode to Resolve the Error
Rebooting your system in Windows safe mode is a helpful way to get rid of this error; implement it as follows.
- First, restart your computer, and when the system displays the boot screen, continuously press the F8 key on your keyboard.
- If you don’t see the Advanced Boot Options window, restart your computer again and press and hold down the F8 key.
- Once you see the Advanced Boot Options window, hit the down-arrow key, select Safe Mode with Networking, and hit Enter.
- Lastly, log in using the admin account and try opening the company file.
Solution 2: Rename the Network Data file to Rectify the Error
If the above troubleshooting doesn’t help, try renaming the network data file to eliminate the error.
- From Windows File Manager, head to the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Now right-click the file.ND extension and choose Rename.
- Now type.OLD at the end of the file name and attempt opening the company file once again.
Solution 3: Move your QB Company File to a Different Location on Windows to Eliminate the Error
In this solution, we will move the QB company file to a new location on Windows, which is an effective way to resolve QB error code 6129 and implement it as follows.
- First, copy the company file from the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Now create a new folder on your desktop and paste the QuickBooks company file into this newly created folder.
- Further, access QuickBooks Desktop and launch the QuickBooks company file from this newly created folder.
- If the problem is resolved, it indicates that the folder storing the company file is damaged, and you need to repair the folder to get a permanent fix.
Read more: How to resolve Restore QuickBooks Backup
QuickBooks error 6129 is a company file error which can be quite frustrating, and we hope that with the help of this article, you were able to rectify this error. However, if the error still exists, you can dial our experts at +18557380359 to get immediate technical assistance.