Though since OST files can no longer be properly managed in MS Outlook, numerous users may need to convert and move their OST files to PST files. As a result, the user must be aware of the best OST to PST converter application and its characteristics. However, the user should be comfortable with OST and PST files before starting the transfer. A PST file is an Outlook data file that stands for Offline Storage Table file, whereas an OST file is an Outlook data file that stands for Personal Storage Table file.
What’s the Distinction Among OST and PST Files?
We’ll explore the distinctions between OST and PST data files. The OST file, as we know, is an offline data file, whereas the PST file is a locally maintained personal folder. An OST file is only created when a user restructures his or her Transfer email address with any version of Outlook and Cached Exchange mode is enabled, or when the user configures any third-party email account with IMAP in Outlook 2013 or later. In any edition of Outlook, the PST file is always generated with a 3rd email client account using POP3.
The Need to Convert an OST File to PST Format
Still comes the inquiry of why we require OST to PST converting and OST file migration to PST files. The OST file becomes orphaned, broken, corrupted, or inaccessible for a variety of reasons. Another reason is that we need to open an account’s OST data file in another Outlook profile, and there are numerous circumstances in which we may require an OST to PST converter application for the transfer of Outlook files. All of the other purposes will be discussed in the following sections.
When is an OST file inaccessible or orphaned?
There are numerous causes of OST file corruption, some of which are listed below.
- Virus outbreaks
- The exchange server is not operational or has been disconnected.
- Modification of the user profile
- The shutdown of the system
- The Exchange server has failed.
- Failure of hardware
Solution: Best OST to Methods When it comes to Successfully Converting and Migrating OST Files
If an Outlook user is looking for a genuine and perfect solution for OST to PST conversion, we have provided a reliable Mailvita OST to PST Converter for mac or windows software application with advanced and user-friendly features. There are numerous perfect solutions accessible from competitors, but mailvita is the best approach, and it is embedded with some special and unusual features and methodologies. Take a look at some of the advanced and one-of-a-kind features and amenities:
Complete OST mailbox conversion, including emails, attachments, calendars, contacts, notes, journals, and all mailbox elements
- Convert OST to PST in Minutes
- A preview of the OST file data is displayed.
- All properties such as To, Bcc, cc, subject, time, images, date, and all attachments are saved.
- Splits a large OST file into several small PST files.
- The new Option saves selected or desired folders/items.
- Migrates OST files in PST/EML/MSG format.
- Outlook users can save OST files in a variety of formats, including HTML, RTF, and TXT.
- Softly lost OST mailbox data is restored.
- Converts encrypted and password-protected OST files with ease.
- All Microsoft Windows operating system versions are supported.
- Microsoft’s most recent versions, such as Outlook 2016 and 2013, are supported (32bit and 64bit),
- There are no file size restrictions, and an 80 GB OST file has been tested in the laboratory.
Buy and Install OST to PST Converter Applications
Mailvita is the best OST to PST converter software that includes a free trial that users can install and download before purchasing the full version. The free trial version lets you export a Few items from each folder in PST format.
Read More Blogs on yourtrc