When you try to access your company file on a different system, you will encounter the QuickBooks multi-user mode error H202. When your files cannot be recovered from the server, the situation worsens. Another factor that contributes to this QuickBooks error is when your computer is unable to establish a stable connection with the server.
The visible error message reads, “This company file is on another, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H202?
When QuickBooks multi-user mode error code H202 occurs, several symptoms appear.
- You will be unable to open a company file from another computer.
- The system begins to slow down.
- Switching to multi-user mode stops suddenly, etc.
Causes of QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Error H202
Here are some of the causes of QuickBooks Error H202.
- There are problems with the configuration settings.
- When the QuickBooks Firewall prevents the software from accessing company files.
- Corrupted or damaged.
- ND configuration files.
- QuickBooks services such as QuickBooks DBXX/QBCF have not yet begun.
- When your QB DSM is unable to locate the host computer’s IP address.
DNS configuration error.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Error H202
It is a simple procedure to correct this error, and it can be resolved using the methods listed below. Let us investigate.
Solution 1: Verify that QuickBooks Services are operational.
- Assume that the QuickBooks services are up and running on the server machine.
- First, proceed to the procedures below to determine whether the Quickbooks DBXX services are operational, and then repeat for the QBCF Monitor Service.
- To begin, type Run into the Windows search bar.
- Following the next step, select the Entering option after Type services. Enter MSC into the Run box.
- Next, open the Services box and double-click QuickBooks DBXX on the list.
- The QuickBooks DBXX Properties dialogue box appears next. Continue by selecting Automatic as the Startup Type.
- The service’s status must be set to either Running or Started. Alternatively, press the Start button.
- Now, choose the Recovery tab.
- After completing the preceding step, select the first, second, and subsequent failures from the drop-down menus.
- Finally, to save the changes, click Apply, then OK.
Repeat the procedure for QBCF Monitor Service. After you’ve finished the instructions, launch QuickBooks on each workstation. Switch to Multi-user Mode from the File menu.
Solution II: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub to gain access to QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- First, ensure that any apps that are running in the background are exited.
- After that, double-click the.exe file you downloaded, Accept the licence and agreement from the screen’s pop-up and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After selecting the Finish option, you may proceed to the next set of steps ,Navigate to the network issues tab in the QuickBooks Tool Hub that is currently installed after that.
- After that, select QuickBooks Database Server Manager as the second option.
- If the corporate files are displayed, click the Start Scan button in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager application.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager will then automatically diagnose all firewall configurations and permissions.
- After that, close the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Tool immediately,All server workstations can now access QuickBooks applications.
- Finally, after opening the file, you can switch to multi-user mode.
Solution III: Employing the Network Diagnostics tool
The Network Diagnostic tool helps you resolve unexpected QuickBooks errors that may occur when opening a Company file in a multi-user environment.
First, download and install the utility from Intuit’s official website.
Then, in order to find the data file, search the folder.
After that, write down the IP address as well as the Network Interfaces.
Click the Open Ports Button on the Firewall Status to activate the application’s ports.
Solution IV: Examine the network connection
Turn off hosting on all workstations as the first step.
Second, from the workstation, ping the server name.
After entering the server name, press Enter.
Check to see if the response is delayed.
All of the methods listed above can assist in resolving QuickBooks error code H202. These methods, when used correctly, can help you save time and avoid any unnecessary delays in your work.
Solution V: Setup the Firewall
For its users, Windows includes a firewall and antivirus software. These applications are rarely an impediment to QuickBooks. In such cases, follow the steps outlined on your system:
- Navigate to your Windows Firewall.
- Open the control panel, type Firewall in the search bar, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Open Windows Firewall and select Advanced.
- Select Outbound rules and right-click on it on the left side of your window.
Choose a New Rule.
- Select Next from the Ports menu.
- Enter the following port for the specified local ports box in the TCP option:
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2018, use the following codes: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382; for QuickBooks Desktop 2017, use the following codes: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2016, use the following codes: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372; for QuickBooks Desktop 2015, use the following codes: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367.
- Select the Next option and then click the Allow Connection button.
- Select Next so you can enter a name in the name field and press Finish.
- Repeat the preceding steps for the Inbound Rules.