Your kitchen is now your favorite Indian eatery. The Garlic Naan recipe is now bookmarked! I recommend preparing this dish with the Chicken Tikka Masala recipe. An amazing mix, I swear.
For the dough:
• 1 cup of milk
• 2 milligrams of caster sugar
• 8g active dry yeast
• 250g plain flour
• 250g protein-rich flour (such as Lighthouse Bread & Pizza Plain Flour)
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus additional for dough
• Four tablespoons (one-fourth cup) of natural, full-fat yogurt
• 2 ½ tsp salt
To prepare the garlic butter:
• 60 grams of salted butter (1/4 cup)
• Two garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
• 1 tbsp freshly chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Combine milk and caster sugar, then sprinkle yeast on top and whisk until yeast is dissolved (around 5 mins).
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the yeast mixture with the remaining dough ingredients and knead until well incorporated and no floury dry spots remain (about 2 minutes). Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
3. 10 minutes of kneading at medium speed (2-4) on the KitchenAid mixer. Although this may be done by hand, the mixture is extremely sticky, and I find the KitchenAid to be 100 times more efficient.
4. Transfer dough to a mixing basin that has been oiled, rub with oil and cover.
5. In a warm place (such as an oven with the light on) until the dough has doubled in size (1 – 1.5 hours).
6. For the garlic butter, melt the butter and allow it to cool before mixing in the garlic and coriander.
7. Divide dough into twelve portions.
8. Each ball should be around 12cm x 20cm in size. It is not necessary for the naan to be perfectly shaped; unevenly shaped naan is attractive.
9. Place each flour-dusted, flattened piece on baking paper, with a sheet of baking paper between each layer. If you choose to cook them at a later time, wrap the baking paper package in plastic wrap or a tea towel and refrigerate.
10. Cast iron, a griddle, or a standard fry pan should be heated over the stove’s maximum heat setting.
11. Place the naan bread on a heated pan for approximately one minute, or until they begin to boil. Use a spatula or tongs to flip and cook for approximately 30 seconds on the opposite side.
12. Butter flavored with garlic coriander and sprinkled with salt flakes.