QuickBooks is a dynamic application designed for use by small business owners. However, the app faces technical issues like QuickBooks Error 6189 816 when users access their company files. A trigger text appears on the screen, which says- “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” This issue arises mostly in the multi-user set-up or while you switch between different user modes. Follow our blog below to understand how this error comes up and what practices you can follow to eliminate the same.
If you feel stuck anywhere, we recommend you consult a pro-advisor right away. Call +1 800-579-9430 for prompt help.
How Does QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816 Arise?
- Incorrect configuration settings in the Hosting mode.
- A corrupted QuickBooks file or Windows.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks updates.
- Presence of virus or malware in the system.
- The component files are missing.
You may also read QuickBooks Error 6129
Troubleshooting Techniques for QuickBooks Error Message 6189
Method 1 – Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close all QuickBooks windows on your screen.
- Visit the Intuit website and download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Double-click on the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- The program will prompt an installation box on your screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Next, click twice on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop.
- Tap on the Program Problems tab.
- Here, you need to press the Quick Fix my Program button.
- Allow the scan to finish.
- Open QuickBooks and your company file to check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 2 – Execute the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer.
- Tap on the Network Issues tab.
- Here, you need to choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- In the following window, click on the Start Scan button.
- In case the screen does not show Start Scan as a button, you can Browse the file and then hit the Start Scan button.
- Next, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager will diagnose and repair the issues in your program.
- Press Close after the completion.
- Access QuickBooks on the server and workstations to check if the issue still exists.
Method 3 – Switch the Company File Location
- First, you must create a company file backup and save it with a different yet accessible name.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
- Press the F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
- Move to the File Information section.
- Find the location of the company file and copy it on the notepad.
- Click on the Windows icon.
- Now, in the search bar, paste the copied text.
- Hit the Enter key.
- The next window will show our company file in the folder.
- Right-click on the file and select Copy.
- Go to your desktop screen.
- Right-click on the screen and choose Paste.
- Open QuickBooks and access your company file from the new location.
We are optimistic that the above blog was able to resolve QuickBooks Error 6189 816 for you. For further queries and support, get in touch with our certified pro-advisors at +1 800-579-9430.
Related Article :- QuickBooks error ps038