QuickBooks error 6000 77 is the most common 6000 series error that arises while opening the company file. The user gets the error with an error message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem.” The error mainly occurs because of damaged QuickBooks configuration files and the company file folder. In this blog, you will learn more facts related to QuickBooks error 6000 77, its causes and solutions, so read carefully till the end.
If you are looking for an instant solution to fix QuickBooks error 6000 77, then dial our toll-free number 1-800-579-9430 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
What are the main reasons behind QuickBooks error 6000 77?
The user may encounter the error due to several reasons. Have a look at some of them listed below:
- The .ND and .TLG files are damaged or corrupted.
- The firewall is blocking the connection between QuickBooks and the server.
- The user does not have enough permission to access the company file folder.
Now, follow the troubleshooting procedure given below to fix the error.
You may also read: quickbooks outlook is not responding
Quick Ways to Resolve QuickBooks error 6000 77
You can quickly fix the error using the steps given below:
Solution 1. Change the company file path
Follow the steps given below and use the UNC path at the place of mapped drive:
- Right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon, hold the Ctrl key and choose Run as Administrator.
- Long press the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window.
- Go to the File menu.
- Select Open or Restore Company, then Open a company file, then Next.
- Choose Network.
- Navigate to the location of your company file.
- If you can’t find the company file, you need to set folder permissions.
- Choose the company file and click Open.
If the error continues, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer using the following steps and then run the tool:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads and open theQuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the application and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
- Within the tool hub, choose Company File Issues.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the company file.
- Mark the middle Check your File option.
- Click Continue and then Next.
- Enter the login details.
- Let the tool run to scan the file.
If you are still getting QuickBooks error 6000 77 and need support, then our QuickBooks support team is available to help you. Dial our toll-free number 1-800-579-9430 to consult them.