QuickBooks Error PS038 is a frequent error that occurs when you run or update QuickBooks payroll. You’ll get an error message on the screen stating, “You’ve retrieved the latest payroll update and validated your Payroll subscription. We strongly recommend that you go online again before mm/dd/yyyy[PS038]“. If you wish to run payroll successfully, you require the most recent updates of payroll tax tables. You’re also likely to see this error while processing paycheques. This error was long thought to be fixed with the arrival of QuickBooks 2018. However, recently, this error has been reported again by multiple users. Read this article to fix this error in no time.
If you still require professional support, you can contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-855-948-3646.
Causes Of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038
There are a host of reasons responsible for error PS038 in QuickBooks. You need to be sure of the cause for your error as only then you’ll be able to implement the measures that can fix your error. Hence, the importance of understanding the reasons for an error can’t be undermined. Go through the points stated below:
- You can get this error when you endeavor to send the paycheques through online mode. The paycheque can remain stuck on “Online To Send”, leading to this error.
- You’re likely to get this error when you recover a current QuickBooks payroll update or validate your payroll subscription.
- One of the most likely reasons for the error is damage in the company file. Infected files can also harm the system along with QuickBooks.
With the reasons known, you can now read the effects of this error that are discussed in the following section.
Impact Of QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table Update Error PS038
Indeed, knowing the symptoms of an error can allow you to take quick action against this error. Without delayed action, you can minimize the damage caused by an error. Some of the significant symptoms for this error are stated below:
- As soon as you get this error, you’re likely to experience poor Windows performance. The error can instantly crash an active window. This error can also lower the processing speed and increase task completion time.
- You can experience significant data discrepancies while handling paycheques.
- The payroll process can get disrupted due to this error. You can get stuck with no movement forward.
Now that you understand both the causes and the symptoms, you can go to the following section that’ll discuss the solutions to this error.
Solutions For QuickBooks Update Error PS038
You can try multiple methods to resolve error PS038 in QuickBooks. However, you should only implement those measures that can truly fix the reason for your error. With this in your mind, go through the steps discussed below.
Solution 1: Find Paycheque Stuck
You need to check and find the paycheque that is stuck as “Online To Send”. To do that, execute the measures given below:
- In the Edit tab, you can choose Find and then select Advanced.
- From the Choose Filter tab, you can look for the filter list and choose Detail Level.
- Choose Summary Only.
- In the Choose Filter tab, search for the Filter list and choose Online Status.
- On the right side, you can then choose Online To Send from the drop-down list.
- You can now click on the Find button to verify all the unsent paycheques.
If these measures haven’t resolved your error, you can try the following method explained below.
Solution 2: Run Verify And Rebuild Data Tool
You can run Verify And Rebuild Data tool to fix this error in a short span of time. Go through the measures stated below:
- First and foremost, take a backup of the data.
- After the backup, you can click on the Rebuild Now option to resolve this error with ease.
- When the rebuild process is done, you can quickly check the status of stuck paycheques.
If these measures haven’t helped you, you can try the following method stated below.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks
You can send payroll after updating QuickBooks. To do so, go through the measures given below:
- You can hit on My Payroll Services in the Employees tab. Now, click on Send Usage Data.
- You can send the payroll again if you can send the data successfully. With this step, your error should get resolved.
QuickBooks Error PS038 can get resolved quickly with the measures that are stated in this blog. You can quickly fix this error if you read this article carefully. With that said, please don’t forget to read the causes and symptoms carefully as they aid in solving the error. Lastly, execute the measures stated with perfection.
You can connect with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-855-948-3646 if you need specialized support or assistance.