QuickBooks error 80070057 shows up on the screen when the user tries to open the company file on QuickBooks Desktop. The error usually occurs when the user opens the company file incorrectly or there is damage or corruption in the file. The user encounters the error with a message, “Error 80070057: The parameter is incorrect.” This blog is all about acquainting users with QuickBooks error 80070057, its causes and solutions, so read carefully till the end.
If you are struggling with QuickBooks error 80070057 and want an instant solution to fix it, then dial our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
You may also read: QuickBooks outlook is not responding
What triggers QuickBooks error 80070057?
There are several reasons behind the error. Take a look at some of them given below:
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped running.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given in the blog.
Best Possible Solutions for QuickBooks error 80070057
The troubleshooting steps given below will help you fix the error:
Solution 1. Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer to run the server manager:
- Close the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Get the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to downloads and Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the tool hub by following the prompt steps.
- Also, agree to the terms and conditions box.
- You will see the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on the desktop once the installation completes.
- Open the tool hub and choose Network Issues.
- Click QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- If the company file folder is visible, click Start Scan.
- If you don’t find the file, browse to locate the file and then click Start Scan.
- The Server Manager will fix the firewall permissions.
If the solution given above didn’t work, move on to the next one.
Solution 2. Update QuickBooks to its latest release
- Close QuickBooks.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Search for QuickBooks Desktop and right-click the icon.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, go to the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move to the Options tab and clickMark All.
- Select Save.
- Click on the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start the download, select Get Updates.
- Once the update completes, reopen QuickBooks.
We tried our best to help you tackle the QuickBooks error 80070057. If you face any trouble performing the troubleshooting steps, contact certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our customer support number (1.800.579.9430).