QuickBooks Accounting Software is a robust application package. It brags of great features and a user-friendly interface for its user-base. Features include point of sales to manage one’s inventory, accept payments, print customer invoices, filing taxes, online banking, building reconciliations, run reports, etc. Instead of several merits, QuickBooks has everything turned upside down when users face technical hitches while keeping up with their daily tasks in QuickBooks. “QuickBooks Backup Failed” error code often appears when the user runs a company files backup and ends up getting stuck. Mainly that happens because of the lack of an external storage device where the user previously used to store the backup of the company files. Besides, it may occur due to several other reasons and hopefully, that could be fixed instantly if the user follows and executes the subsequent topics of the post.
On the other hand, the “QuickBooks Backup Failed” error code often appears generally, while it could be fixed at once using appropriate guidelines stated in the solutions of the post. However, if the user has a problem anywhere during troubleshooting, you may call the toll-free number 855-856-0042.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error Ps038
Causes behind the error “QuickBooks Backup Failed”
- External storage such as a hard disk, pen-drive being used for storage of company files backup, which cannot be accessed or isn’t connected to the user’s PC.
- The data has been inflicted damage in the company files being accessed.
- The location which is specified for backing up the company files is not valid.
Preventive Measures for obviating “QuickBooks Backup Failed” error code
Solution-1: Check upon the path of backup in case of QuickBooks Desktop to verify it is valid, or not
- Sign-in to the PC.
- Right-click on the ‘QuickBooks desktop’, choose ‘Open’ to run QuickBooks.
- On the menu bar, click on ‘Edit’.
- Select ‘Preferences’ within Edit.
- Locate and verify the path of backup you saved earlier.
- Restart ‘QuickBooks’.
Solution-2: Check whether the company file backup has an accurate file extension (.qbb)
- Right-click the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ and select ‘Open’.
- On the menu bar, go to ‘File’.
- Choose ‘Restore Company’ from the File menu.
- Navigate to click ‘Restore a backup copy’.
- Select ‘Next’.
- Choose ‘Local Backup’.
- Confirm the operation by clicking on ‘Next’.
- Look for the company file in the browse mode and check its file extension which should be ‘.QBB’ at the end of the company file’s name.
- Choose the desired folder to save your company file backup locally.
- Click ‘Open’, then choose ‘Save’ to save the new path.
If none of the above solutions work for you, you may try verifying rebuilding your company file in QuickBooks.
We are here to conclude our blog. We hope that the above post was written about the error code “QuickBooks Backup Failed” will certainly assist our users in getting past the error at once as we tried our best to equip the readers with the best information and tools to adopt to fix the error promptly. We believe that all our user’s queries regarding the aforementioned error were addressed carefully. Notwithstanding, if there is an additional relevant query, call on the helpdesk 1-855-856-0042 for a custom solution for you.