Issues like QuickBooks company file not found are common in the QB applications. However, it is a popular online tool and a desktop application, helping hundreds of businesses to simplify their accounting needs. It has been a top choice of industrial giants for quite some time now. Meanwhile, what’s important is to provide reliable solutions for every problem, and QuickBooks does it for every error. Follow the blog until the end to find the solutions in detail.
Company file errors are relatively easy to tackle but very delicately as any change in the original configuration may result in a technical disaster. To escape the sword of Damocles, call on the 1.800.579.0391 and get immediate expert support on the line.
What is company file not found issue in QuickBooks?
The issue generally happens when a user tries to access the company file, but QuickBooks fails to comply with the command due to the data file’s relocation. The error states a warning that the company files the user has selected could not be found, and the user could either Choose the Open or Restore Company File command from the File menu to look in a different directory or search the company file in the computer. Below are given some reasons behind the error.
Causes behind the company file not found error
- The path to the data file is changed due to relocation of the file.
- The company file is accidentally deleted from the local storage.
- The multi-user mode is experiencing some issues.
Read Also – QuickBooks Missing PDF Component
What are the solutions for the QuickBooks Company file not found issue?
Below are given the troubleshooting tips for the above-mentioned error.
- Open the run window by pressing the Windows+R keys on the keyboard.
- Type CMD and press Enter.
- In the command prompt window, type ipconfig/all and press Enter.
- Copy the server names and enter Ping.
- Press the Enter key, and if any packet loss is reported, run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Open QuickBooks and select Open or Restore Company File under the File menu.
- Click on Open a Company File and select Next.
- Select the Company File and click on Open.
In the end, we would like to conclude this blog on the QuickBooks company file not found error. We hope that the content written here is informative and easy to understand from a user’s perspective. On a different note, if you require external support on the problem, feel free to call on the 1.800.579.0391 anytime.