There are several situations in which QuickBooks error 80070057 arises, and among them, the most common is when a user tries to open the company file stored on the server computer at a different place, directly from any of the workstations in multi-user mode. The error prompt unexpectedly pops up on the computer screen with an error description, which states, “The parameter is incorrect.” There can be several reasons causing such a multi-user error that we will explain to you along with their solutions in this post.
Recommended to Read :- QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting support resolving QuickBooks error 80070057? If yes, feel free to get in touch with our experienced technical experts at the toll-free number 800.579.0391.
What can be the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 80070057?
The followings are the reasons that usually trigger QuickBooks error code 80070057:
- The QuickBooks Data Server Manager is not running on the computer that hosts the company file.
- There are some issues with the company file itself, like data corruption.
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error 80070057?
Solution 1) Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from QuickBooks Tool Hub
The Database Server Manager is a component that enables QuickBooks Desktop to share the company file with workstations over the network in multi-user mode.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application of the most recent version (18.104.22.168) and save it somewhere on the computer that you can quickly locate.
- Select the downloaded installation file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- To install QuickBooks Tool Hub, follow the onscreen instructions and, at last, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- Select the Network Issues tab at the left panel of the window.
- In the Fix My Network section, select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager button.
- Click on the Browse button to select the company file and then choose the Start Scan button.
- Once the database server manager is done scanning the company file, select the Close button.
- Now, try to access the company file from the workstation QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Solution 2) From QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- At the left pane, select the Company File Issues tab.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- Choose the Browse and search button to find and select the .QBW company file on the computer.
- Select the Check your file option (middle one) and then hit the Continue button.
- Type in the admin password of QuickBooks as prompted and then select the Next button.
- Once the tool finishes fixing the company file issues, reboot the computer.
If you get QuickBooks error 80070057 even after following all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then there is a great possibility that the Network Data configuration file, which lets QuickBooks Desktop connect to the company file, is damaged. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to rename the Network Data configuration file and see whether this rectifies the error or not. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the multi-user error from our QuickBooks professionals at 800.579.0391.