QuickBooks is one of the topmost automated solutions for daily accounting needs in workspaces. With its best-in-class tools and continuous technical support for its users, QB has maintained decent popularity within the middle to small-sized businesses. However, even in its heyday, the software tool faces issues that constantly bugs and hinders its efficiency, and one of them is the QuickBooks error H505. Let’s talk about it in detail below.
Recommended to Read :- QuickBooks error 3371
On a different note, if you feel the requirement of some external help to take out the QuickBooks error H505, call on the helpline number 800.579.0391 and get the best free support on the line anytime.
What is QuickBooks Desktop error H505?
QuickBooks error code H505 happens mostly in multi-user versions of QuickBooks and hampers the software’s normal functioning while also refraining the users to access their financial data. An error message pops up on the screen displaying “You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server (H505)”. There are numerous causes behind its occurrence. Some of them are listed below.
Reasons that cause the QuickBooks error message H505
- The hosting configuration settings may be incorrect.
- QuickBooks in the server system is unable to find the IP address of the host system.
- The incoming and outgoing communication may be blocked by the firewall in the server computer.
- Some damage in the QuickBooks network data (.ND) file.
- The DNS server is experiencing some conflicts.
- Internal QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor are not running on the server.
What are the steps to resolve the QuickBooks error H505?
Below are mentioned the solutions to fix the QuickBooks 2019 error H505.
- Open the QuickBooks and go to the File menu.
- Click on Open or Restore Company and select Open a company file.
- Click on Next, browse to the company file, and open it.
- If a QB window pops-up on the screen, follow the instructions and do the likewise in the forthcoming window of Update Company File for New Version.
- Click on Update Now.
- In the workstation computer, open the Control Panel.
- Go to the firewall settings and click on Allow a Program through the Firewall.
- Select Add programs under the Exception list and add QuickBooks 20XX (XX being the product year of your software).
- Click on Save and restart the computer.
At this point, we would like to end our blog on QuickBooks error H505. It shall be eliminated after you complete the steps. However, if it doesn’t, then call on the toll-free number 800.579.0391 and get immediate assistance on the line.