QuickBooks error code message OL-222 pops up on the screen while importing a .QBO file from an authorized financial institution in QuickBooks desktop. When the error interrupts, the user gets a message: “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. Please contact your financial institution. (OL-222).” The QuickBooks online banking error OL-222 indicates that several characters of .QBO file do not fulfil the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) standard for exchanging financial data with QuickBooks. Read the article until the end to know more about QuickBooks error code OL-222, its causes and solutions.
If you are looking for an immediate solution to resolve QuickBooks error OL-222, then contact certified QuickBooks professionals by dialling our helpline number (1.800.579.9430)
What are the factors responsible for QuickBooks error message OL-222?
There are numerous reasons behind the error. Before proceeding to the solutions, take a look at some of them given below:
- The QuickBooks version you are using is no longer supported.
- The .QBO file you downloaded is formatted incorrectly.
- Some characters of .QBO file do not match the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) standard.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Most Preferred Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks error OL-222
Perform the troubleshooting methods in the given order:
Method 1. Update QuickBooks Desktop to its latest version
Follow these steps to update QuickBooks manually:
- Close QuickBooks desktop.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Search for QuickBooks Desktop and right-click on its icon.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Options tab.
- Click Mark All and then Save.
- Move to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start the download, click on Get Updates.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop after download completes.
- To start the installation, click Yes.
- Restart your workstation.
If the error continues, move on to the next method.
Method 2. Take a backup of your company file
The steps given below will help you backup your company file:
- Open QuickBooks desktop application.
- Click on the File menu and choose Switch to Single-user mode.
- Go to the File menu again and select Back up Company.
- Next, select Create Local Backup.
- Within the window, select Local Backup and then Next.
- Move to the Local Backup Only section, select Browse and choose the location where you want to save your backup company file.
- Click OK and then Save it now.
If you are still getting the same error, proceed to the following method.
Method 3. Downloading a new FIDIR.txt file
Before downloading the file, make sure you have successfully created a backup of the company file and close QuickBooks
- Long press the Ctrl key.
- Choose the QuickBooks desktop version you are using.
- Download QuickBooks and select the Download Linked File As option.
- Save the file to the desktop.
- Delete the old .FIDIR.txt and empty it:
– FIDR # 1
=> Select the Option key.
=> Move to the Finder menu bar and select Go, then Library.
=> Open the users Library folder and then browse the Download folder (Application Support/com.intuit.QuickBooks20XX/Downloads).
=> Move FIDIR.txt to trash and empty the trash.
– FIDR # 2
=> Move to the top menu bar and select Go, then Applications.
=> Tap the Ctrl key and select QuickBooks 20XX. (XX represents QuickBooks version)
=> From the contextual menu, choose Show Package Contents.
=> A new window appears on the screen. Double-click the Contents folder.
=> Open the Resources folder and search for the ‘FIDIR.txt’ file.
=> Drag the file to Trash and then empty the trash.
- Copy the new FIDIR.txt file and paste it on the Resources and Downloads folder saved on Desktop.
- Now, import the .qbo file.
That’s all about QuickBooks error OL-222. We hope you find the article informative and helpful in resolving the issue. If the error doesn’t fix, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer service number (1.800.579.9430).