Encountering QuickBooks error 1328 when attempting to install, uninstall, update, or repair QuickBooks Desktop? If yes, you have landed on the absolute right page. You might be seeing an error message reading, “Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.” Generally, QuickBooks update error 1328 takes place when the installation files of QuickBooks Desktop get damaged or corrupted. However, there can be several other reasons behind it that we intend to explain to you, alongside their solutions, through this post.
Need immediate troubleshooting support to fix QuickBooks error 1328? If yes, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the QuickBooks professional team at 800-579-9430.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 1328?
Apart from the damaged QuickBooks installation files, the following are the reasons that can trigger QuickBooks error code 1328:
- Corrupted QuickBooks Desktop application.
What are the best ways to resolve QuickBooks error 1328?
Solution 1) Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most recent version (18.104.22.168) and save it on your Windows Desktop.
- Open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and follow the steps displayed on your computer screen.
- Accept the terms and conditions to complete the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Installation Issues tab.
- Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button and let the tool function.
- When the repairing of QuickBooks installation files finishes, restart your computer.
Solution 2) Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the Clean Install Tool
Step 1. Remove your QuickBooks Desktop application from the computer
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows and R keys on your keyboard.
- Type “Control Panel” into the Run window and then click the OK button.
- Select the Programs and Features option.
- From the list of installed programs, select the version of your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click the Uninstall/Change tab and then select the Remove option.
- Select the “Next” button.
Step 2. Run the Clean Install Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Double-select the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open the application.
- Select the Installation Issues tab.
- Click Clean Install Tool and then select the OK button.
- Choose the version and year of your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click the Continue button.
- When a message reading, “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location,” pops up on your computer screen, select the OK button.
Now, download QuickBooks Desktop from the official website of Intuit and install it by following the instructions displayed on your computer screen. Thereafter, register your QuickBooks Desktop again using the license and product information.
If you get QuickBooks error 1328 even after implementing both the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then your Windows might have been outdated. Thus, our recommendation for you is to download the latest updates of Windows and check if this fixes the error. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance to resolve QuickBooks update error 1328 from certified QuickBooks experts at 800-579-9430