Your Canon Printer is showing Canon printer offline error and is unable to execute the Print command you are giving. That could be quite annoying. More annoying is that you couldn’t figure out what’s causing the issue.
Worry not; you are at the right place. We here in this post will provide you all the troubleshooting steps necessary to rectify this annoying error.
Canon Printer offline status in windows
We start with windows platform and then we are going to cover Printer offline troubleshooting steps for Mac also, so read on.
Check for the physical connection between Canon Printer and PC
Loose connections are one of the main culprits behind the offline status of your Printer, so any troubleshooting steps should start from the connections of your Printer.
For USB connected Printer
- Switch off your Canon Printer.
- Remove the USB cable, check for any faults and then reinsert it correctly in both the USB port of Printer and your computer.
- Restart the Printer and wait for the connection to establish.
- Print something to see if the issue has resolved.
For Wirelessly connected canon printer
- First, switch off your Printer.
- Check your router or access point that they are working correctly and are connected to a network.
- Restart your Printer and reconnect it to your system.
- When the Printer is connected to the network give a print command to see if it’s printing or not.
Disabling the “use printer offline” status
Disabling the use Printer offline status feature helps to solve the canon printer offline error.
- Click the start button on windows and then go to control panel.
- From control panel, go to hardware and sound and then choose the device and printer option.
- From the listed printer device right click your Canon printer icon and select what’s printing.
- Select printer option and the see whether is a tick mark at use Printer offline option.
- If there is a tick mark, then uncheck it.
- Once done, again go to the printer option and then select the cancel all document option.
- Start printing again.
Restarting the “Print Spooler services” to troubleshoot the offline printer issue.
- Press the start button and in the search box enter Services.
- The desktop will show the service tab, click on it.
- All the services running will be listed.
- Find the Print Spooler services and then right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the restart option.
- Once again, right-click on the print spooler option and this time, choose properties.
- Select Automatic as the startup option.
- Press Ok. This will save the changes you have done.
Canon Printer offline Mac
To troubleshoot the canon printer offline issue in Mac start by checking the physical connections between the Printer and your computer as described above. Most probably it will correct the problem.