Are you encountering QuickBooks error 6123 0 while trying to open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop and don’t know how to get rid of it? If yes, then there is no need to worry as you have landed on the right page. You might be seeing an error message stating, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.” Company files contain a lot of important business data, including financial statements and regular business transactions. Therefore, being unable to access them can make any user nervous and perplexed. Through this post, we will explain to you the reasons due to which company file error 6123 0 generally shows up and how you can fix it.
Recommended to Read :- QuickBooks error 6209
Are you seeking instant troubleshooting support to get over QuickBooks error 6123 0? If yes, feel free to get in touch with the QuickBooks professional team at 800.583.0572 .
What triggers the error 6123 0 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Error 6123 0 in QuickBooks Desktop usually gets triggered due to the below-mentioned reasons:
- Data corruption in the .QBW company file.
- Any program files of QuickBooks Desktop might have been damaged.
What should you do to fix QuickBooks error 6123 0?
Solution 1) Use QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the corrupted company data
- Download the latest version (18.104.22.168) of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the installation file somewhere on your computer that you can quickly locate.
- Select the installation file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the steps displayed on your computer screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to finish the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and then click on the Company File Issues tab.
- Choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button and then select your company file from the drop-down menu.
Note: If you don’t find your company file in the drop-down menu, then select Browse to search your computer for it.
- Choose the Check your file option and then click Continue.
- Type in the admin password of your QuickBooks application and then click Continue.
- When the tool is finished repairing corrupted company data, click on the Open QuickBooks button.
Solution 2) Use Quick Fix my Program to repair the damaged QuickBooks program files
- Right-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and select the Open option.
- Click on the Program Problems tab (located at the left pane).
- Choose the Quick Fix my Program button to run the tool.
- When the tool is finished repairing damaged QuickBooks program files, try to open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
If you get QuickBooks error 6123 0 even after following all the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then your company file might have been completely damaged. Thus, we recommend you use the Auto Data Recovery feature of QuickBooks to recover your company file and check if this fixes the error. For additional troubleshooting assistance to get over company file error 6123 0, feel free to contact QuickBooks experts a 800.583.0572 .