Among the 15xxx series of errors, QuickBooks error code 15106 is the one that we have noticed many users face when trying to download the latest updates of their QuickBooks Desktop applications. A user might receive an error message reading, “The update program can not be opened.” Intuit releases updates of QuickBooks from time to time to improve the functionality and productivity of features, and this makes resolving QuickBooks update errors quickly an imperative task for users. Therefore, we have come up with this post to discuss with you the reasons why QuickBooks update error 15106 gets triggered and how to eliminate it safely.
Are you seeking immediate troubleshooting support to get over QuickBooks error code 15106? If yes, feel free to speak to QuickBooks experts at 800-583-0572.
What triggers QuickBooks error 15106?
QuickBooks error 15106 usually occurs due to the reasons we have mentioned below:
- You are not using the administrator account to run QuickBooks Desktop.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application has been corrupted.
What should you do to fix QuickBooks error code 15106?
Solution 1) Run your QuickBooks Desktop application using the administrator account
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Into the search space, enter “QuickBooks” and find your QuickBooks Desktop version in the search results.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Run as administrator.
- Now, try to download the latest QuickBooks updates.
Solution 2) Use the Clean Install tool to reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop application
Step 1) Uninstall your QuickBooks Desktop application
- Open the Windows Start menu, type “Control Panel” into the search space, and then choose Control Panel.
- Choose the Programs and Features option and then select Uninstall a Program.
- Choose your QuickBooks Desktop version from the list of applications.
- Click on the Uninstall/Change tab and then choose Remove.
- Click on the “Next” button.
Step 2) Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the Clean Install tool
- Download the latest release (18.104.22.168) of QuickBooks Tool Hub and store it on your Windows Desktop.
- Click the downloaded file called QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the instructions you see on your computer screen to install it.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Click on the Clean Install Tool button and then select the version and year of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Continue button.
- When you get a message reading, “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location,” click on the OK button.
From Intuit’s official website, download your QuickBooks Desktop version and follow the on-screen instructions to install it. Thereafter, use the license and product information to register QuickBooks Desktop again.
If you see QuickBooks error code 15106 even after going through both the troubleshooting solutions explained in the post above, then any of your third-party antivirus applications might be interrupting QuickBooks from connecting to the update server. Thus, our recommendation for you is to terminate all the running antivirus processes in the task manager and check if this fixes the error. For further troubleshooting guidance to resolve QuickBooks update error 15106, contact QuickBooks professionals at 800-583-0572.