QuickBooks error code 6190- 816 usually pops up when the user tries to open the QuickBooks company file. The QuickBooks user mostly gets the QuickBooks error message code 6190- 816 when the company file is open on another workstation in single-user mode or the .ND and .TLG configuration files that allow QuickBooks to access the company file are damaged. Read the article till the end to know more about ‘QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816,’ its causes and solutions.
If you are facing QuickBooks error 6190 and want to fix it at once, then call us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error 6190?
Take a look at the factors responsible for the issue before proceeding to the solutions:
- You are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop application.
- QuickBooks configuration files are damaged.
Now, move on to the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Most Preferred Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks error 6190
Follow the troubleshooting steps given below in order to fix the error:
Solution 1. Download the latest QuickBooks update
Follow the steps given below to update the QuickBooks desktop manually:
- Close QuickBooks desktop.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop and right-click on its icon.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Navigate to the Options tab.
- Click Mark All and then Save.
- Move to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start the download, click on Get Updates.
- When the download completes, reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click Yes to start the installation.
- Restart your computer.
If the problem persists, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2. Rename the configuration files to fix the damage
By changing the file name, QuickBooks automatically recreates the file without affecting the data. Here’re the steps to do so:
- Move to the folder containing the company file.
- Look for the company files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Next, right-click on each file and choose Rename.
- Add .old at the end of each file name.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
We hope the solutions discussed above help you fix QuickBooks error 6190. If you are facing any problem while troubleshooting and need an expert’s help, then talk to the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our helpline number (1.800.579.9430).