QuickBooks Web Connector .NET Framework error arises when the user opens the QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions. The error usually occurs when the QWCLOG.TXT file gets damage and QuickBooks can’t access it. When the error appears, the user gets the following error messages:
- QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
- QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
- Exception TypeError: Unknown name
To know more about the Web Connector error in QuickBooks, read the blog till the end. We will also talk about its causes and troubleshooting methods.
If you need any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks Web Connector error QBWC1085, then call us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and speak to certified QuickBooks professionals
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Web Connector terminal server error?
The error triggers due to the following reasons:
- QuickBooks is unable to access the QWCLOG.TXT file.
- There might be some damage or corruption in the QWCLOG.TXT file.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure in order to fix the error.
Best Possible Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Web Connector error
Check out the most effective troubleshooting steps in order to fix the error:
Solution 1. Remove Web Connector
Web Connector’s sole purpose is to connect the third-party applications to QuickBooks. If there is no third-party program connected to QuickBooks, you can delete Web Connector from the startup menu using the steps given below:
- Sign in as Windows administrator.
- Move to C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Delete the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Reboot your system.
- Open QuickBooks.
If the error continues, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2. Change the name of the QWCLOG.TXT file
If QuickBooks is connected to some third-party application using Web Connector, then rename the QWCLOG.TXT file used by the Web Connector program to fix the damage:
- Exit completely out of QuickBooks and Web Connector.
- Move to: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
- Rename the QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Open Web Connector again.
- Restart the computer.
- Open QuickBooks and log in to the third-party application.
We hope you find this blog helpful in resolving the QuickBooks Web Connector error QBWC1035. If you are facing trouble following the troubleshooting, then call us on our customer support number (1.800.579.9430) and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.