QuickBooks Error PS036 is a pretty standard error faced by QuickBooks users. This error commonly occurs in QuickBooks Payroll, and multiple reasons are responsible for this error. The major effect of the error includes not allowing Payroll to update to the latest Tax Table. Standard error message displays, “PS036 There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription”. QuickBooks can even stop the calculation for the taxes after this error. This article will cover the primary reasons and the respective solutions that you can undertake to resolve this error. After reading the blog, you’ll gain the sense to resolve this error on your own.
You can connect with the QuickBooks Professional Team at (1-855-948-3646) if you wish to learn more about this error.
Reasons For Error PS036 In QuickBooks
A number of reasons can trigger this error. Knowing them definitely gives you an edge while resolving the error. Understanding the cause of your error gives you a direction to work, through which you can solve this error. Some of the reasons for the error are:
- Your company file is damaged.
- Your Payroll Subscription has expired or is invalid.
- Paysub.ini, a QuickBooks application file, is damaged and corrupt.
- The service key that you are accessing is incorrect.
- Within the Inactive Direct Deposit Agreement, numerous Payroll Agreements are active.
- Company File’s PSID is wrong.
- Your QuickBooks or supporting Windows components are not updated.
- Windows do not support the version of QuickBooks you are using.
- Incorrect EIN number.
With the causes within your knowledge, you can try simple solutions to resolve this error in the section given below. Remember that all the solutions aim to fix a specific cause.
Solutions For QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036
There are certainly some solutions that can help you resolve QuickBooks Error PS036. What’s important is to understand the cause or the reason for your error and then look for a solution. Some of the methods for the error are discussed below:
Solution 1:Rename Paysub.ini File
You can rename a damaged or corrupt Paysub.ini file to fix this error. Execute the measures explained below to resolve this error:
- First, you need to implement some adjustments in Windows as Paysub.ini is a hidden file.
- You can access My Computer and click on Organize.
- Click on Folder And Search option. Now, choose the View tab.
- Click on Hidden Files and Folders and tick the Show option for the same.
- Click on Apply. Now, click on OK.
- Move to My Computer and search for the Paysub.ini file from the search bar.
- Right-click on the Paysub.ini file and choose Rename.
- Now, rename the file extension from .ini to .old.
- Repeat the same process for all the Paysub files you’ll find.
You can move to the next set of steps if these measures haven’t helped you resolved this error.
Solution 2: Clean Install QuickBooks
You can clean install QuickBooks in selective startup mode to resolve this error. Implement the process given below to fix this error once and for all:
- Firstly, create a backup of your company file on an external storage device.
- Open the Run dialogue box.
- You can type msconfig in the Run text box and press Enter.
- In the General tab, you can choose Load System Services and Selective Startup options.
- Move to the Services tab. Now, choose Hide All Microsoft Services.
- Click on Disable All. Untick Hide All Microsoft Services option.
- Make sure that the Windows Installer option is selected. You can click on OK.
- Restart Windows. This should switch you to the Selective Startup mode.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run dialogue box.
- Hit Enter and the Windows will open a list of installed programs.
- Choose QuickBooks desktop and click on Uninstall/Change.
- Choose remove and click on Next.
- Restart Windows again.
- Download QuickBooks and run the installation file.
- Finish the installation.
- Now, enter msconfig in the Run dialogue box.
- Press Enter and choose the Normal Startup mode in the General tab.
- Click on OK and restart the system.
- Endeavor to run Payroll update one more time. Now, check if the error got resolved.
QuickBooks Error PS036 can get resolved with the solutions that are explained in this article. Remember to go through the causes and find out the cause for your error. Knowing the reason for your error is extremely important as that can help you resolve this error quickly. Implement a solution as per the cause for your error, and you’ll see success with the error in no time. Lastly, remember to implement all the methods carefully.
You can always reach the QuickBooks Professional Team at (1-855-948-3646) if you need any professional support or assistance.