There comes a time when a user needs to reset QuickBooks password, whether it’s for a security purpose or the user forgets their password. Due to the increase in cybercrimes, it is necessary to safeguard your company data with a password. You can reset passwords manually with the help of your registered email. QuickBooks also has an Automated Password Reset Tool that helps reset admin passwords for any QuickBooks Desktop version of Windows. This blog will brief you on how to reset QuickBooks passwords manually for admin or other users, so read carefully.
If you need guidance to reset QuickBooks password, give a call at our customer support number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
Things to Consider before resetting QuickBooks password
The following steps will work if you want to reset your password for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows:
- Find out the type of password you need to reset.
When you are an admin user, you don’t need to enter a user name while signing in as an Admin. You only enter a password to log in.
When you are not an admin user, your administrator will reset the password for you.
2. Follow the correct procedure for the type of password you want to reset.
You may also Read :- QuickBooks error 6147
Steps to Reset Password for QuickBooks version 2020
- Move to the Company Login window and click I forget my password.
- Choose your email from the drop-down list and click Next.
- You’ll get a token on your email to reset your password.
- Enter the token code from your email.
If you don’t see any new email from QuickBooks, check your spam and junk folders, as emails from QuickBooks sometimes show up in spam folders.
Steps to Reset Password for QuickBooks version 2019 or earlier
Resetting QuickBooks’ admin password
- Open QuickBooks and click I forget my password on the login window.
- The screen will direct you to a form page, and enter the following details:
- QuickBooks Desktop License number
- Email address
- Phone number
- ZIP code you used while purchasing QuickBooks.
3. Click OK, and you’ll get a code in your CAMPS (Customer Account Portal) if entered details are correct.
4. QuickBooks will guide you through creating a new password for admin.
Resetting a QuickBooks’ user password
- Foremost, log in to QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Move to Company and then choose Set Up Users and Passwords.
- Next, click Set Up Users.
- When prompted, enter the admin password once again.
- Now, scroll the User List and select the user who wants to change their password.
- Click Edit User and then type a new password.
- Keep clicking Next.
- At last select Finish.
We have tried our best to help you reset QuickBooks password. Hopefully, you find it effective. If you still face any difficulty doing the same, consult the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.