Keeping a backup of the company file is one of the best ways to secure your data. However, at times when you try to restore the backup file you face QuickBooks error 6144 82. This is a common error faced by several QuickBooks Desktop users and resolving it might require multiple troubleshooting solutions. Further in this article we have discusses more about the reasons and solutions that can be implemented to resolve the error in a short time. Keep reading this article on QuickBooks company file error 6144 82 until the end for complete info.
If you have lost your data and the tools and techniques mentioned in this article are of no help, then you can speak to a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert for help and assistance
Why QuickBooks Desktop Error 6144 82 is Triggered?
A number of reasons are responsible for triggering error code 6144 82 in QuickBooks while restoring the company file. The complete list of reasons is listed below.
- If there is damage in the company file or the file has gone corrupt due to a virus or malware.
- Damage in the QuickBooks Network Data and Transaction Log file is also one of the primary reasons due to which the error can appear on your screen.
- If QuickBooks Desktop is not properly installed.
Now let’s move on to the solutions that will help resolve all the issues stated above.
Quick Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Company File Error 6144 82
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor and Repair the Damage in the Company File
- At first, Google QuickBooks Tool Hub and download it from the official Intuit’s website.
- Go to the download folder and run the setup file.
- Agree to the terms and install the application.
- Run it using the shortcut that gets created after the installation on the desktop.
- Move to the Company File Issues tab and select QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Repair the company file using the appropriate option.
- Try to restore the file from the backup now and check if this resolves the error.
Solutions 2: Repair QuickBooks .ND and .TLG Files
- Open the folder where the company file is saved.
- Now locate the files having .ND and .TLG extension.
- These files will be having the same name as your company file.
- Right-click the .ND file first and select Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and repeat the same for .TLG file.
- Open QuickBooks now and try to restore the company file.
If the error continues to bother you even after implementing all the solutions listed above, then we suggest you dial QuickBooks Desktop support number TFN and get in touch with an expert who will guide you through the advanced troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks error 6144 82.