QuickBooks error 80070057 is a run-time error and shows up on the screen while opening the company file on QuickBooks. The user encounters the error with a message, “Error: 80070057: The parameter is incorrect.” The error usually occurs when the user opens the company file incorrectly or does not have administrative rights. This blog will give you in-depth knowledge on QuickBooks error 80070057, its causes and solutions, so read carefully till the end.
If you are searching for an instant solution to fix QuickBooks error 80070057, then call us on our toll-free number 1-800-579-9430 and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
Why does QuickBooks error 80070057 appear?
The error comes up due to the following reasons:
- QuickBooks services have been stopped on the server computer.
- The company is shifted to another location.
- There is some damage or corruption in the company file.
- The user is not logged in as an administrator.
Now, follow the troubleshooting solutions given below to fix the problem.
You may also read: QuickBooks tool hub
Best Possible Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks error 80070057
The following solutions will help you fix the error:
Solution 1. Download the latest QuickBooks update
You can update QuickBooks manually using the steps given below:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Search for QuickBooks Desktop and right-click the icon.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, go to the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move to the Options tab and click Mark All.
- Select Save.
- Click on the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start the download, select Get Updates.
If the above solution doesn’t work for you, try the next one.
Solution 2. Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
To begin, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation and then run the tool. The following solutions will help you:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Get the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to downloads and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the tool hub by following the prompt steps.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking on its desktop icon.
- Select the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- In QuickBooks File Doctor, choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
- Select the middle Check your file and then click Continue.
- Enter your QuickBooks admin password and then click Next.
- Let the tool run to fix company file and network issues.
We hope the steps given above will help you fix QuickBooks error 80070057. If you need support from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team, then connect with them by calling us on our helpline number 1-800-579-9430.