QuickBooks error 6000 77 is generally associated with the company file and pops up on the screen with a message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem.” The user mostly encounters the error while opening the company file on QuickBooks desktop. The error indicates that the company file is damaged or the firewall is blocking the connection between QuickBooks and the server. Continue reading the blog to get in-depth information on QuickBooks error 6000 77 its causes and solutions.
If you need any technical assistance to tackle QuickBooks error 6000 77, then call us on our toll-free number 1-(800)-579-9430 and talk to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
Why does QuickBooks error 6000 77 arise?
Following are some possible causes behind the error:
- Insufficient permissions to access the company file.
- Damaged QuickBooks configuration files.
- Incorrect firewall and security settings.
Now, scroll down through the blog and choose the most appropriate solution that suits you.
You may also read: QuickBooks error 3371
Best Possible Solutions for QuickBooks error 6000 77
You can easily resolve the error using the steps given below:
Solution 1. Rename QuickBooks configuration files
Renaming these files can fix the damage as QuickBooks automatically recreates the files:
- Open the folder containing the company files.
- Search for the company file with .nd and .tlg extensions.
- Right-click on the company files and select the Rename option.
- Add .old at the end of the file name.
If you still get the error, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Create a new folder for the company files
- Move to your C: drive.
- Create a new folder.
- Open the folder containing the company file.
- Search for the company file with the .qbw extension.
- Right-click the .qbw file and select Copy.
- Open the new folder and Paste the file.
- Also, set permissions to share company files.
- Now, open QuickBooks and open the file from the new location.
If the error continues, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3. Use UNC path at the place of mapped drive
- Right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon, hold the Ctrl key and choose Run as Administrator.
- Long press the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window.
- Go to the File menu.
- Select Open or Restore Company, then Open a company file, then Next.
- Choose Network.
- Navigate to the location of your company file.
- If you can’t find the company file, you need to set folder permissions.
- Choose the company file and click Open.
If the solutions given above didn’t work, run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub to resolve the problem.
We have tried our best to help you fix QuickBooks error 6000 77. Hopefully, you find the blog helpful and informative. If you face any trouble performing the steps, contact the QuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number 1-(800)-579-9430.