QuickBooks error H202 is the most common H series error that arises while switching QuickBooks to multi-user mode. The error shows up on the screen with a message, “This company file in on another computer, and QuickBooks needs help connecting.” The error usually occurs when the Windows firewall blocks the connection between QuickBooks and the server computer. Continue reading the blog to get detailed information on QuickBooks error H202, its causes and solutions.
Are you getting QuickBooks error H202? Don’t worry. Call us on our customer support number 1-(800)-579-9430 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
What triggers QuickBooks error H202?
Here are some possible causes behind the error:
- QuickBooks can’t connect to the server computer.
- QuickBooks services have been stopped on the server computer.
As of now, you are aware of the causes behind the error. Let’s move on to the troubleshooting procedure given below.
You may also read: QuickBooks error 6190
Most Effective Solutions to Fix QuickBooks error H202
The troubleshooting solutions given below will help you fix the error:
Solution 1. Ping server from workstation to check connectivity
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Within the search field, type ‘network’ then open Network and Sharing Center.
- Choose Change advanced sharing settings.
- From the Network Discovery and File and Printer sharing sections, select the Turn on network discovery option.
Know your server name:
- Move to the server computer and click on the Start menu.
- Open Run and write ‘CMD’ in the run window.
- Hit Enter.
- Within the CMD window, type ‘ipconfig/all’ and tap Enter.
- Under the Windows IP Configuration section, note down the server name.
Test the server from your workstation:
- Again, click on the Start menu.
- Write ‘Run’ into the search and open Run.
- Within the Run window, type ‘CMD’ and then tap Enter.
- Type “ping_your server name,” and then hit Enter.
- Repeat these steps on each workstation, getting Error H202.
If you still get the error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Confirm whether QuickBooks services are running or not
- Move to your server computer.
- Click on the Windows Start Menu.
- Type “Run” into the search box and open Run.
- Within the Run window, type “services.msc” and then press Enter.
- Search and double-click QuickBooksDBXX on the list, where XX denotes your QuickBooks version.
- Choose Automatic for the Startup Type.
- Ensure the Service status is either Running or Started. If it’s neither Running nor Started, choose Start.
- Move to the Recovery tab.
- Under the First failure, second failure and subsequent failure drop-down menu, choose Restart the service option.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Follow the same steps to check the QBCF monitor service.
Hopefully, the solutions given in the blog help you fix QuickBooks error H202. If you face any trouble performing the steps, contact the QuickBooks support team by dialing our toll-free number 1-(800)-579-9430.