QuickBooks Error 15106 belongs to the family of 15xxx errors in QuickBooks. Hence, this makes it a standard error that mainly harms the update function of QuickBooks. Each time you try to update QuickBooks or payroll, you’re encountered by an error reading, “Error 15106: the update program cannot be opened”. You can also see a different error message than this. However, they mean the same and require the same steps to resolve it. This error takes place because of firewall restrictions and a lack of administrative rights. This blog will cover the essential measures you can perform to fix this error.
If you need more than what’s stated in this blog, you can call out the professional team of QuickBooks at (1-855-948-3646).
Causes Of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106
A multitude of reasons can cause this error to take place. What’s important is you understand the reason for your error. If you do it right, you can fix this error in no time. Knowing the reasons can help you form an effective error resolving strategy. Go through the points discussed below:
- Windows UAC settings are set to high. This interferes with the QuickBooks update.
- Third-party antivirus or malware can block the QuickBooks update process.
- You can also get this error when the user account does not have administrative rights.
- QuickBooks installation fails to install the additional necessary components successfully.
- Using WebRoot antivirus detects QuickBooks as a threat. This blocks the application’s operations on Windows.
Now that you understand the reasons for this error, you can go to the next section that’ll discuss the solutions involved.
Solutions For QuickBooks Error Code 15106
There are a host of solutions you can perform to resolve this error effectively. Try any of the methods given below. However, make sure to implement solutions as per the reason for your error. Attempt the ways discussed below:
Solution 1: Repair QuickBooks Installation
You can repair QuickBooks Desktop installation on Windows to resolve this error. Go through the measures given below:
- Open the Run window. You can press Windows+R on your keyboard. Now, type appwiz.cpl and then press Enter.
- Go to the list of installed programs. In the Uninstall Or Change A Window, double-click on QuickBooks.
- Choose Change/Remove and then click on Next.
- Verify that the Change option is chosen and click on Next.
- Click on Repair to start repairing QuickBooks installation.
- If you get an error message File In Use, then select Ignore. Proceed with the Repair.
- Once the repair is achieved, you can restart your system and open QuickBooks.
- Choose Install Now.
You can try the next set of measures if these steps haven’t fixed your error.
Solution 2: Disable UAC From Windows Settings
You can disable User Account Control settings to fix this error. Go through the measures explained below:
- Search for UAC.
- You can click on the Windows Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Search User Account Control from the search bar.
- Click on User Account Control settings. Now, move the slider to Never Notify.
- To save the changes, you can click on OK.
With the solutions provided in this blog, you can resolve QuickBooks Error 15106 with ease. Also, make sure to read the causes effectively. Doing this will help you form an effective strategy. With all this set, you can fix this error in no time.
If you’ve still got any queries or questions, you can quickly contact the professional team of QuickBooks at (1-855-948-3646).