Many users get the ‘Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer’ error when they try to switch QuickBooks into multi-user mode. The error shows up on the screen with a message, “QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped.” The error occurs due to the firewall’s interruption between QuickBooks and the server. This blog is all about acquainting users with ‘Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer, its causes and solutions, so read carefully till the end.
If you need any technical assistance to rectify Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error, then ring our toll-free number 1-(800)-579-9430 and speak to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
You may also read: Quickbooks balance sheet out of balance
What causes Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer?
There are several reasons behind the error. Take a look at some of them listed below:
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped running.
- The firewall is blocking the connection between QuickBooks and the server.
- QuickBooks desktop application is corrupt.
As of now, you are in the know of factors responsible for the error. Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Most Effective Solutions to Overcome Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error
Following are the two common ways to fix the error:
Solution 1. Update Windows
Update firewall using the following steps to resolve firewall issues:
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Within the Run box, write ‘Control firewall.cpl’ and hit Enter.
- Open Windows Firewall and hover over the Update your firewall section.
- Click Update Now and then Use Recommended Settings.
- After updating the firewall, restart the workstation.
If you still get the error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Restart QuickBooks services
Follow these steps to start QuickBooks Database Server Manager :
- Press the Windows and R keys together to open the Run window.
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the Run window and hit Enter.
- Select the QuickBooks Database version by scrolling down the services.
- Choose your QuickBooks Database Server Manager and right-click on it.
- Click Restart.
If the error continues, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3. Update QuickBooks
Follow these steps to download the QuickBooks update file. Updating QuickBooks also update QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- To begin with, close your company files and QuickBooks.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Hover over QuickBooks Desktop and right-click on its icon and select Run as administrator.
- Move to the No Company Open screen and click on the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Options tab and select Mark All.
- Then, click Save.
- Navigate to the Update Now tab and select the Reset Update checkbox.
- To initiate the download, select Get Updates.
- When the update finishes, reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- To install the updates, click Yes.
- Once the install finishes, restart your workstation.
This brings us to the end of the blog. We hope you find it helpful and informative in resolving Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error. If the error continues, get in touch with certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing our helpline number 1-(800)-579-9430.