At a certain point, you may require to transfer QuickBooks to new computer. This might be true when you’re undergoing a change in the computer system. To do this with perfection, you’ll have to take care of specific steps and measures. All these relevant measures are explained in this blog alongside some additional information that you must be aware of.
If you need any additional information, then you can contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
What Steps Can You Take To Transfer QuickBooks To A New System?
Make sure to take all the steps with perfection. Implementing them in order can reduce any complications or issues. Transferring QuickBooks to a new system is easy with the steps that are given below:
- Open QuickBooks on the original system.
- Move to the Help section.
- You can now click on the About QuickBooks option.
- Now, note the license number. Also, note the product number.
- With this much information, you can install QuickBooks on another application.
- Next, you have to finish the license transfer process.
- Now, accept the license agreement.
- Next, enter your product and license key information.
- Now, hit the Next button.
- Open QuickBooks. Now, move to the Help section.
- Click on the Activate QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Finally, perform the on-screen instructions to finish the activation process.
The following section will cover the measures you can take to transfer the QuickBooks program to another computer.
Read Also – Quickbooks Error H505
Transfer QuickBooks Program To Another System
You can follow some simple measures to transfer QuickBooks to another system. To do this, execute the steps given below:
- The Migrator Tool is often used to transfer programs to another computer.
- To set up the migrator tool on another system, you can reach the File menu in QuickBooks.
- Now, click on the Utilities section.
- Choose Move QuickBooks To Another Computer option.
- Now, click on I’m Ready. Finally, create an OTP.
- Select the USB drive to transfer the file. Now, select the flash drive with enough space.
- You can copy the files on the drive.
- Finally, to use the Migrator Tool on the new system, open the flash drive folder from Windows Explorer.
- Double-click on the Move_QuickBooks.bat file. This should start the Migrator tool.
- Now, you can enter the password that you had set earlier.
- Finally, click on the Let’s Go button.
- The Migrator tool should finish the rest of the task.
This blog covers the essential steps you can take to transfer QuickBooks to new computer. Make sure to implement all the measures with perfection. Also, execute the actions in the correct order to avoid any complications. Keep these things in mind, and it shouldn’t be a complicated process for you to perform.
To make this process easy, you can also get in touch with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.