QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error shows up on the screen with messages, “QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure” or “QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to Outlook.” The error usually occurs when the user tries to send emails using Outlook as the primary email client. The blocked domain name and corrupt installation of QuickBooks are the leading cause of the error. This blog is all about acquainting users with QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error, its causes and solutions, so read carefully till the end.
If you need any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error, then ring our customer support number 1-(800)-579-9430 and talk to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
You may also read: QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118
What triggers QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error?
Following are the possible causes behind the error:
- QuickBooks desktop version is no longer supported.
- Damaged or missing MAPI32.dll file.
- Microsoft Outlook is outdated.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Most Effective Solutions for QuickBooks Outlook is not responding
The following troubleshooting solutions will help you fix the error:
Solution 1. Fix the damaged MAPI32.dll file
Follow these steps to repair the file:
- Close all open programs.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Within the search field, type ‘File Explorer’ and open it.
- In the File Explorer search bar, write C:\Windows\System32 into the search.
- Search and open Fixmapi.exe.
- Follow the prompt steps to run the repair.
- Reboot your workstation once the repair completes.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try to send an email or transaction again.
If you still get the error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Verify Internet Explorer settings
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer to run most of its web services, so make sure email preferences are set up correctly:
- Close the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools and then the Settings menu.
- Select Internet options.
- Navigate to the Programs tab and select Set Programs.
- Choose Set your default programs.
- After that, select the email service you want to use.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Close Internet Explorer.
If the solutions given above didn’t work, run QuickBooks and Outlook as an administrator. Hopefully, you find the blog helpful and informative in resolving QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error. If the problem continues, contact the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our toll-free number 1-(800)-579-9430. They will assist you with advanced troubleshooting for the same.