QuickBooks, just like other software, requires concurrent updates for it to function at its optimum. However, the process of upgrading is different from updating it. Updating is taking the software to a new edition. However, with upgrading, you require the support of network share, server OS, and user system. For the upgrade process, you must follow a proper procedure. If not done properly, you can encounter QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost issue. This blog will teach you the steps you can take when dealing with this issue.
You can also get connected with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 when you need professional assistance or tech support.
Causes Of Connection Error In QuickBooks
It’s not painless to fix this issue since the causes are multiple. Be vigilant when picking the cause for your issue. It’s important to figure out the right reason for your issue as that’ll help you fix it. Now, go through the reasons given below:
- Not using the latest version of QuickBooks, or if you have some updates pending, you can face this issue.
- Not using QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements to run QuickBooks smoothly.
With the reasons understood, you can now go to the following section that’ll cover the procedures involved.
Procedures That Can Fix QuickBooks Network Connection Failure
The methods to resolve this issue are pretty straightforward. You can take some steps to fix this issue. However, it’s best you fix this issue with regards to the cause of this problem. Go through the measures given below.
Procedure 1: Host Multi-User Access
You should always verify to run your server in multi-user mode. On the contrary, the workstation should operate in single-user mode. Follow the measures given below:
- Apart from the hosting computer, you can click on the File menu and choose Utilities.
- Now, check if Host Multi-User Access is present on the list.
- The workstations that show Stop Hosting Multi-User Access click on it to disable it.
If these measures don’t resolve your issue, you can go to the next method explained below.
Procedure 2: Check The Network
Checking the network should be your go-to choice option while facing this issue. Execute the measures explained below:
- Open or save another company file on the server. This is done to check if you have the required access or not.
- Now, create or delete a Microsoft Excel or WordPad file present on the system.
- If you can’t create or delete a non-QuickBooks file then, you must set up Windows access for it.
- This should resolve your issue with the access permission now set up for QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost can get resolved with the measures performed in this blog. Make sure to read the causes and execute the steps with perfection to resolve this issue effectively.
You can also get connected with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you wish to fix this issue with some professional support or personalized assistance.