Every once in a while, users face QuickBooks has stopped working error when they try to open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. When the error appears, the user may not get the error message, but the software freezes. The error usually occurs when the Windows operating system is damaged, or the QuickBooks company file name is too long. This blog is all about acquainting users with QuickBooks has stopped working error, its causes and solutions, so read carefully till the end.
If you are struggling with QuickBooks has stopped working issue, then get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1-(800)-579-9430.
You may also read: QuickBooks error H202
What causes QuickBooks has stopped working error?
The error shows up due to the following reasons:
- Missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- QuickBooks installation files are damaged or corrupted.
- Corrupted hard drive.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting steps given in the blog.
Here’re some Solutions for QuickBooks has stopped working error
The troubleshooting solutions given below will help you resolve the error:
Solution 1. Change the name of the QBWUSER.INI file
Renaming the file will fix the damage without affecting the company file data:
- Open the folder containing the QBWUSER.INI file.
- Right-click on the file and select the Rename option.
- Change the name by adding .old at the end of the file name.
- Also, rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Open QuickBooks desktop again.
If the solution given above didn’t work, move on to the next one.
Solution 2. Utilize Quick Fix my Program
To run the tool, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer using the following steps:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads.
- Then, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the tool hub by following the on-screen steps.
- Agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Once the installation completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Open the tool hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Choose the Program Problems tab.
- Click Quick Fix my Program.
- Restart QuickBooks and open the company file.
We tried our best to help you overcome QuickBooks has stopped working error. If the solutions given above didn’t work, feel free to contact the QuickBooks technical support team by dialing our helpline number 1-(800)-579-9430. They will assist you with advanced troubleshooting for the same.