At times QuickBooks desktop denies to connect with the Internet or cannot connect successfully to the Internet, which may cause issues in updating. QuickBooks error 12029 occurs when QuickBooks desktop or payroll update installation is going on. This happens because timed-out request originates when QuickBooks gets blocked by the firewall or due to Internet connectivity issues. In this blog we have mentioned all the troubleshooting steps of resolving the QuickBooks error 12029 and every important information you need to know about the error 12029.
REASONS OF QUICKBOOKS ERROR 12029
There are two types of causes which may trigger QuickBooks error 12029 which are Internal causes and External causes.
INTERNAL FACTORS CAUSING QUICKBOOKS ERROR 12029:
- Timeout of update of the QuickBooks.
- Connectivity failures in QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks is obstructed from accessing the sever.
Also Read – Reset QuickBooks Password
EXTERNAL FACTORS CAUSING QUICKBOOKS ERROR 12029:
- You are using an outdated version of the Internet Browser.
- The settings of SSL are wrong.
- Firewall or the Internet Security is blocking the connection.
STEPS OF FIXING QUICKBOOKS ERROR 12029
Follow the steps below for resolving QuickBooks error 12029:
CHECK CONNECTIVITY AND SETTINGS
- Download the TLS 1.2 utility and run it.
- Verify if you are using Internet Explorer or any other Web Browser as your default.
- Check whether you are able to access secure website outside of the QuickBooks desktop.
You May Also Read – Transfer Quickbooks To New Computer
CHECK THE INTERNET EXPLORER SETTINGS
- Open Internet Explorer and close QuickBooks desktop.
- Choose tools, and internet options.
- Go to the security tab and select the globe icon and make sure that the security level is medium high.
- Now go to the connections tab and if you do not use the dial-up node (DUN) on the system then select never dial a connection option or if you do then choose the correct ISP.
- Now Select OK.
- Go to LAN settings and then select the automatic setting option and check the checkbox of use a proxy server.
- Choose Ok.
- Go to advanced tab and then select restore advanced settings.
- locate Use TLS 1.2 under setting and check whether it is selected.
- Choose OK.
- Now close all the tabs and restart your computer device.
You can now try the update again.
The troubleshooting steps given in this blog will help you in resolving the QuickBooks error 12029, We hope that you will resolve your issue by following the easy steps and if you are still facing the issue even after following all the steps you can contact our experts at 1.800.579.0391 for support.