Are you getting QuickBooks payroll update error 15222 while using payroll services in the QuickBooks desktop application? When the user tries to download QuickBooks desktop and payroll update, updating QB gives maintenance release error 15222. The error usually occurs when the QuickBooks payroll subscription is not active or internet explorer is not set as the default browser. Read the blog till the end to know more about ‘unable to update QuickBooks error 15222’.
If you are looking for an immediate solution to tackle QuickBooks error 15222, then call us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error 15222?
There are several reasons behind the error. Have a look at some of them given below:
- QuickBooks desktop application is not installed correctly.
- The digital signature feature of Internet Explorer is not working.
- Antispyware and antimalware are blocking the update.
Now, move on to the solutions given below in order to fix the error.
Best Possible Solutions for QuickBooks error 15222
Perform the following troubleshooting solutions to resolve the error:
Solution 1. Update QuickBooks
Update QuickBooks manually with the help of the following steps:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop and right-click on its icon.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Options tab.
- Click Mark All and then Save.
- Move to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click on Get Updates to start installing the update.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop after installation completes.
- Click Yes to install the update.
If the error persists, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Install digital signature certificate again
The steps given below will help you reinstall the digital signature certificate:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Search for QBW32.exe file in Windows. The location of the file is C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right-click the QBW32.exe file, and choose Properties.
- Click the Digital Signature tab.
- Select Intuit, Inc. from the signature list.
- Select Details.
- From the Digital Signature Details window, click View Certificate.
- Next, go to the Certificate window and click Install Certificate.
- Click Next and then Finish.
- Restart the computer and reopen QuickBooks.
We hope you find the blog informative and helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 15222. If the error continues, contact the QuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number (1.800.579.9430).